Revision Breast Reconstruction: Overview
Patients commonly seek out Northwest Breast Reconstruction’s surgeons for “second opinions” and discussion of revision surgery including Revision Breast Reconstruction for procedures performed by other providers.
Candidates For Revision Breast Reconstruction
Revision surgery can be required for different reasons. These can include
- Poor aesthetic outcome from the original reconstruction
- Radiation-associated changes to a prior reconstruction
- Progressive changes in the reconstructed breast over time
- Breast implant “animation deformity”
- Recurrent cancer
- Weight gain or loss, with resultant asymmetry
- Patient dis-satisfaction for any reason
The Revision Breast Reconstruction Procedure
The approach to revision surgery is tailored to the individual patient and their needs & concerns. Our surgeons have extensive experience in all aspects of revision breast reconstruction, including breast implant exchange, switch of implant location (sub-pectoral to pre-pectoral conversion), conversion of implant-based to tissue-based reconstruction, fat grafting for contour irregularities, and others.